Sunday, November 18, 2012

A LONG overdue update!

I am so sorry for being a procrastionator! I am doing great!! Seriously.
Let me back up...
Last March or April I decided to get my butt in shape. I started running and working out. I had no idea I would enjoy it so much! I did several 5ks and decided to start training for a half marathon (13.1 miles) My friend and I started a training plan and we were doing great with it! About half way through the training plan I started having pain in my foot. I took a little break from running... (4 days is totally long enough right!) Then my friends and I did the Glow Run and at mile 1.5 I felt something just sort of crack. And that, my friends, is called a Stress Fracture. BUMMER!!
GLOW RUN 2012
 
 
I was heart broken! No running for at least 8 weeks and I got to wear a boot for 5 of those. I attempted to use a stationary bike but it was morning! So I started doing a Fighter Fitness class (similiar to crossfit). hey, the Dr said I could still workout! I didnt run or jump. Its all good. My foot is finally healed and I have started running again.
My friend and I are doing the Disney World Princess Half Marathon at the end of February and we cant wait!!
 
As for cancer, well I am STILL cancer free! I have now been on Zelboraf for 2 years and 6 months. Which is pretty rare but Im kind of a rare person so its all good:) Side effects are manageable. The eurathema Nodusm and sun sensitivity are by far the worse for me. The sun sensitivity is frustrating for sure. But, Im cancer free so I am definitely NOT complaining!!
 
As for my littles? Oh the r doing awesome!
K is now in the 1st grade and recently turned 7! He played tball this summer and enjoyed it. But soccer is still his number 1 sport of choice! His favorite thing of all time is playing the Wii or his new DS. He is just like his Uncle! Oy!
 
TBALL 2012
 
Geebers is now 4 and is in her second year of preschool. She is a crazy little child! She is smart and athletic! Kind of a scary combo if u ask me! She played soccer this Fall but wasnt all that in to it. She loves swimming and gymnastics! And she always enjoys joining me on my runs. She can run up to 2 miles at a time. Its really pretty impressive for a little gal!
 
Ella joining me on a run this summer.

Ella at Gymnastics!
Thank you everyone for your continued prayers! I will try to update on here more often! I update Facebook constantly so if u want to friend me on FB leave me your name in a comment and I will send u a friend request:)

 
 



8 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, so happy to see an update from you. You don't know me, but I have followed your story and am so happy for your continued health and happiness. Please friend me on FB - Tami Kent Dufresne.

    Thanks. Tami in NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best up-date ever! Really elated to hear how well you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh Shana- You already know everything about me! lol

      Delete
  4. I have been following you for a while. Have wondered how you were doing...glad to hear everything is well. I would like to follow more recent posts on fb. I am listed under Dianne Hayes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dianne-Apparently there r several of you!! Im not sure which one u are! Give me some hints on what your picture is.

      Delete
  5. Heather,

    I have occasionally checked into your blog to see how you are doing. I have followed a little of your journey. Your story and journey is incredible! I am also a Stage 4 melanoma survivor, in remission for 28 months! I would actually love to share your story if you are open to it--we started a foundation called Sol Survivors Melanoma Foundation and one of the things we do on our website is share inspiring stories of other melanoma survivors.

    Your story is truly unique in that you have had such a good long-term response to Zelboraf. I know it would give hope to other patients on the same treatment. http://solsurvivors.org/

    Anyways, I am so happy to hear you are doing well. I love hearing that other melanoma patients are having success with treatments! It gives me so much hope. And miracles exist!!

    By the way, where do you live?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't stopped by for a while.. the kids got so big! We have a mutual friend on FB so I think I might just have to friend you. Hope you are all having a happy holiday season!! :)

    ReplyDelete