Sunday, May 27, 2012

I.Am.Crazy.

I think I have officially lost my mind. Why? Because I have taken up running. Like seriously running. I ran a 5k a few weeks with friends and am running another tonight. I have signed up for about one 5k a month. My goal is a 10k in Novemeber.  Yes. I have totally lost my ever loving mind! But, I like having goals. I like having something to work towards. Goals are good. Right? Who would of thought that this would even be a possibility? Three years ago today I was right in the middle of doing my 3rd round of biochemo. Tonight I am getting ready to run another 5k. Wow has my life changed!

One of my best friends and I after the Girls On The Run 5k.

My friend Lisa and I post run. She did awesome! She placed 2nd in her age group! I finished. And thats all that matters! Hahaha!

4 comments:

  1. Good on you!!!
    Running will give you so much back in return!
    My husband has stage 4 kidney cancer & running has been a way to clear my head & refresh my spirit as I listen to praise & worship songs as I run! My 2nd half marathon is in 3 weeks! I started running when I turned 40, I'll be 49 this fall! Hope you run till you're 75! Great job & great example to your friends & family!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to follow you on facebook. My name is April Gunter Selman. I was diagnosed in December 2011 with stage 3 b metastatic melanoma. I am 43 and have 6 children ages 2 - 23. So much of what you have said rigs so very true for me. I have absorbed your blog today! Thanks for your openness and honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one.In general, only ionizing radiation (UV or higher) can directly cause damage to molecules, such as DNA. Michael Shermer basically said this in an article in Scientific American in an attempt to debunk fears about cancer from cell phone radiation (typically microwaves). However, Scientific American posted some letters credentialed individuals in reply suggesting that this is not the entire story. This might be a more complete discussion on the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I’m Heather! Please email me, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete