Saturday, April 28, 2012

RIP Dear Friend

Today Heaven gained an Angel. And my heart is truly in pieces. My dear friend, and fellow Melanoma warrior, Miranda, passed away early this morning. She was surrounded by her family when the time came and for that I am truly grateful.

Miranda was the very first Melanoma friend that I ever made. It was so nice to know that I wasnt the only one fighting this battle. It was, I guess, in a way, reassuring to know that other young moms out there were going through the same thing. They had the same anger, the same worries, the same fear.

My friends without Melanoma dont get it. They see me, they see me feeling fine and being a mom, and they assume I am perfectly fine. That just isnt the case. Melanoma is a constant fear. Its something I think about, worry about and stress about every day. Every minute actually.

So, when I first met Miranda it was like a breath of fresh air. Someone out there got it. Someone out there understood me. Since meeting Miranda I have met so many other Melanoma warriors and made so many new friends. It makes me sad that I have met so many other warriors, but in a way it gives me great peace. Peace because I know, that no matter what, those Melanoma warriors have my back. They support me. They love me. And they are there for me. No matter what I can count on their prayers. They get it. They know that fear I feel.

Tonight, when you are saying your prayers, and thanking God for your life, please me sure to say a little prayer for Miranda, her husband, mother, and young son. They will forever have a hole in their heart.

Rest In Peace my sweet friend. You will forever be missed.

5 comments:

  1. I can't ever imaging this pain honey and I wish I could take it away for you and for your friend and her family. God Bless you all. I pray for you every single day and I pray that they find a cure VERY soon so that so many people don't have to say goodbyes. :( xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am lifting you and your family and all of Miranda's family in my prayers too! I can't honestly say that I understand how difficult it is to walk your journey, Yet, I am here as your prayer warrior lifting my requests to our most Awesome Lord and Healer, asking that His protective Hedge remain around you and all of your family! Love you greatly, t

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sorry to hear this news. Our prayers continue for you every single day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melanoma is a malignant tumor, formed in melanocytes, the cells responsible for generating melanin. Due to this reason, melanoma often acquires a brown or black color. In the United States, melanoma is the eighth most common malignancy. Melanoma is categorized as insitu and invasive melanoma. In Latin, 'insitu' means localized. It occupies only the top layer of the skin. The invasive melanomas are more serious and difficult to cure. They go deeper into the skin.

    travacor best price

    ReplyDelete