Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Change of Plans

Well, we had a slight change of plans. I went to my Dr appt this morning and everything looks great. I opted out of my trial. Set up my Dr appts for March and headed back to my hotel to take a nap before my CT scan (I had 3 hours in between!). During my little nap my lovely husband kept calling me. He never does that! Finally after the third time I grumpily answer the phone. Thats when he dropped a huge bomb on me...

The Ethanol plant that he works at is shutting down. In like two weeks. WHHHAAAATTTT??

Seriously? WTH! Minor MAJOR panic!!

First and foremost...Insurance. I MUST have insurance!!

Secondly...Income. I MUST have income.

So, many naughty words came out of my mouth, quickly and rapidly!

I called my nurse to ask her if I could be in the trial. She told me that in the discussions on Monday they had planned on closing the trial. But, she made some phone calls and turns out they will in fact keep the trial open for me for now. Whew. Minor crisis averted there. However, that does mean I MAY have to return to Nashville next month.

Here is the way this trial works...it has cycles...on the odd cycles they do the PK draws. Right now I am coming to Nashville on the even cycles. So, they want to switch that. So, I may need to return next month just to get back on even cycles. I currently have appts set up in March to return which would actually b on the odd cycle, but that may be to long in between appts. I'm waiting on the final word for that.

Right now my whole world feels a little up in the air. My stomach is in knots and I am a little stressed. I understand that it is all in God's hands, however, I have some issues giving up control. If u know me, then that is not a huge shocker! But, not knowing where your next paycheck is going to come from is a bit of a freak out! My husband is very well known out there in the Ethanol industry and has a lot of connections, so pray right now that it will all work out like it should.

7 comments:

  1. Oh honey, I know how very scary this is and how horrible for the company to spring this on them at Christmas time with a two week notice! VERY HORRIBLE! I love you and I'll help with anything I can!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for our Lord to guide and direct for his next position! Our Lord knew that this was going to happen even before you guys did, because HE KNOWS ALL! And I can assure He has been working all around you to provide! Praying for His Will to lead Cody where it is that he is suppose to be! Love you all! Never ceasing to lift you in prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I am going to pray and pray for you and God's will for this situation.

    If only He would TELL us how it was going to turn out!!

    -LisaAnne

    ReplyDelete
  4. We will be praying things work out! I am so sorry to hear this Heather.. :(

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you and your family, Heather. I'm so sorry that this has happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, oh man, oh man. I know you are scared. THANK GOD for the trial. At least that can give you some comfort. I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you and your family.

    PS) sorry if this is inappropriate to post on this blog post but I was SO SO SO SO SO excited to see your awesome cancer related news. You go, girl! Keep kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CRAP! Hope he finds a job quickly.

    ReplyDelete