Tuesday, July 12, 2011

CT Results

Last week I made the trek to Vanderbilt for my bimonthly appts. I started with labs, CT scan, Dr appt, then I headed across town for my derm appt, then went back to Vandy for my repeat labs and to pick up my meds.

Originally we were going to make this a family trip, however, my husband couldnt get off work, and I sort of decided I needed a little mommy time ;) Sometimes its nice just to have a few nights without bedtime battles and tears!

My labs looked great so no worries there. My CT scans took a little longer, but I did get the results yesterday. I currently have a new nurse. My old nurse would just email me and tell me that the scans looked great and no need to worry. This nurse emailed me and asked if anyone had called me with my CT scan results. Major freak out!! I called her immediately.

But, she quickly informed me my CT scan looked PERFECT and I had nothing to worry about:) So, at this time I have been on this drug for 15 months with absolutely zero reoccurance! How simply amazing is that! I am the poster child for this drug! Its like this fabulous drug was made just for me! And that, my friends, is a true miracle!

In fact, the head of the Melanoma dept at Vandy has used my pathology when giving lectures on the effectiveness of this drug! Cool, right?! My melanoma is famous!

I have certainly had many bumps in the road the last 3 years, and it definitely has not been easy, but I am more definitely one lucky mama! I am truly blessed!

4 comments:

  1. That is great! You have come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. News. EVER!!! All our prayers are working!!! Will continue to keep you in them :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely is a true miracle. So proud of you and so thankful to God for giving you this drug!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah! Truly a blessing from our Lord! Will coontinue to pray for His mighty Hand to cover and protect as this drug continues to do its job!

    ReplyDelete