Sunday, June 26, 2011

That Gut Feeling

Do you ever have a gut feeling? You know, that gut feeling that tells you something is right...or that something is wrong? Ever since being diagnosed I have been a big "gut follower." I have grown quite found of my lovely gut. Usually it is right on. Sometimes it gets a little overly cautious, but I'm ok with that. I would rather have it be overly cautious than under cautious. Know what I mean?!

When I started this trial back in APRIL 2010!!! I just had a feeling that this was the trial for me. I dont know why. I had been thru sooooo many different chemo drugs and really nothing had worked. At least not for long. I just FELT like this was the medicine for me. The average time on this medicine is 6 months! The pure fact that I have made it for 14 months with zero recurrance is an absolute miracle. It really and truly is.

Sometimes I get so annoyed and frustrated that I have to travel for my medical treatments. But, the fact of the matter is, no matter what, with Melanoma, I will always have to travel. Kansas jut doesnt have the best cancer care. At least not for Melanoma. KS offers the standard medical care, but trials for Melanoma are rare, and not all that great. So, having to travel will always be on our "must do" list. Boo!:(

But, I guess if I have to travel I am grateful that I have to travel to Nashville, TN, because let me tell ya, Nashville is BEAUTIFUL!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited your blog in a long time but have thought of you and am glad that the treatments are keeping you healthy. Trust your gut. It's certainly led you right in many instances. I didn't post but I am sorry about your Aunt. Your gut led you to see her at the right time.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete