Sunday, January 9, 2011

Superhero Capes

About a month after I was diagnosed I decided to make a "Bucket List." Some of things I have accomplished, some of the things I am working on accomplishing, and some of the things I may never accomplish! But, because of my latest project I am getting closer, however, I will need your help!

At the end of this week, I, along with the youth group at our church and several other adults who enjoy sewing will begin cutting out and sewing super hero capes.

For who you ask? For children battling cancer of course!

This is something that is very near and dear to my heart. I have wanted to do this for awhile, but time is an issue! Now that things have slowed down a bit I really want to do this.

However, I will need help! We are needing donations of yards of fabric. Any and all colors are welcome, but they need to be at least a yard. We are also asking for monetary donations. We will use the money to go and purchase the supplies for the capes.

This is simply just a little something that I (and you!) can do to put a smile on the face of a child battling such an awful disease.

If you would like to donate to this fabulous cause please click on the paypal link and in the comment section put what the donation is for.

Easy peasy!

Thank you so much for your support!!

Photo courtesy of: http://www.sewplainjane.com/

3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Seriously, you inspire me to want to be a better, kinder, more giving person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to help you get these into the hands of some very deserving little cancer patients. I spend the bulk of my time working with these little heroes. Email me and we can chat. tiffanyzook@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome thing to do; bless you !

    ReplyDelete