Sunday, January 2, 2011

2010 In Review

January 2010...
Started the year cancer free. I just "knew" 2010 would be a great year.

E turned 2 and started potty training!

February 2010
Returned to Houston for scans and discovered that the melanoma had returned to a small spot in my left hip. Cried the whole way home...

March 2010
Cruise to the Bahamas with my husband, bestie and her husband. During cruise discovered a mass in my left lymph node. Found out during cruise that I was accepted into the trial at Vanderbilt, pending the other tests.

E completed potty training!

April 2010
Began trial at Vanderbilt. Within 2 days of beginning the meds the tumor in groin had shrank to half the size!

May 2010
Returned to Vanderbilt, with the kids for second part of the trial. Began developing some nasty side effects from chemo. Nashville FLOODED and we lost EVERYTHING, except our car (thank goodness!) Was taken off the chemo for a couple of weeks to get my body back to "normal."

Restarted the chemo.

Turned 32.

Celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary.

June 2010
Friends held benefit for me and my family. Discovered the masses forming under my skin and started freaking out. Found out the masses were NOT cancer. Stopped freaking out.

July 2010
Returned to Nashville
2 year anniversary of kicking cancer's ass!

August 2010
Returned to Nashville with the kids. No flooding! Woo Hoo! Enjoyed some family time in the midst of Dr appts.

September 2010
K started Preschool!
Nashville trip

October 2010
Nashville trip
Took the kids to Disneyworld!

November 2010
K turned 5!
Returned to Nashville.
Celebrated Thanksgiving with my amazing family!

December 2010
Nashville trip
Celebrated Christmas with my amazing family!

1 comment:

  1. You have definitely ended the year on upward swing. I hope 2011 is even better than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete