Friday, November 12, 2010

Stressed?

Lately I have been one stressed out mama. For numerous reasons. You know how I roll. When it rains it pours!

I have been getting some pretty bad headaches lately. Which is odd for me. I dont really get headaches. Some of the pain has been sinus pain. I really should be used to that! But I have also had some pain behind my right ear. It's an odd pain. It hurts when I push on my head so in all likely  hood it is probably a bruise. But, when you have cancer you tend to freak over everything. So, I have asked them to schedule a MRI appt along with my other appts.

I leave for Nashville next Sunday (Nov 21) and all of my appts are scheduled for Monday. I should be home Tuesday as long as everything goes like it should.

Here's the thing with the drug I am on. It does NOT cross the blood/brain pathogen. Therefore, if, for some odd reason the melanoma has spread to my brain the Braf drug that I am on would not do anything to fight that off. It would still work on the rest of my body though. Odd, right? I am not quite sure what we would do if that happened to be the situation. But, since that WON'T be the situation I am not going to dwell on it.

One thing I have learned from all of this is that stress + cancer= NOT GOOD!! Soooo, I either take up drinking or learn to deal with my stress! While the drinking actually sounds like a grand ole time, it's probably not the best option for my family:) Plus, I'm really not a huge drinker, although I did attend a Wine Party the other night and found a new wine, ChocoWine (I think) and fell.in.love!! Chocolate + wine all in one? Yum-O people!! How was that for rambling?!

Anywoo...I am working hard on dealing with my stress, without alcohol:) The End.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, stress is no fun!!! Especially cancer related stress! I am sure all the stress will turn out to be nothing in the end, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for checking everything out...we'll pray for good results which we're sure you will get!! ((Big Hugs to You))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A glass of wine each night isn't all that bad is it?????? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't do well with stress, so I would probably be a raging alcoholic if I were in your shoes.

    Thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way:)

    ReplyDelete