Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Absent

I must apologize for being absent lately. Life has been a bit crazy over here! A good crazy, but crazy nonetheless!

As you know, I started selling Scentsy a few months ago, and I must say it is going quite well! I have been quite pleased with it. Thank you to all of you who have hosted basket parties or ordered off the website! You guys are the reason my business has been successful!

I have also been participating in a couple of craft shows, selling my homemade sewing items and embroidered items. The craft shows are quite enjoyable, but boy is the prep a lot of work!

Here are few examples of the fun crafty items I have been making...

Tutu bags 010_edited-1 Halloween 033

Tutu bags 014_edited-1 Tutu bags 012_edited-1  

006_edited-1

 

These are just a few of the items I have been busy sewing up! As most of you know, sewing is something that I throughly enjoy. It makes me happy. It makes me smile. And it USUALLY relaxes me:)

The tutu bags has been a WONDERFUL seller with my friends and family so I am hopeful that they will be big sellers at the craft fairs also:) Keep your fingers crossed for me! I have been lucky enough to make a new friend who makes some wonderful, beautiful hair bows and we have been sharing a craft booth. She makes her bows and I do the sewing projects. It has been nice to have a friend there with me. If you are interested in any new hair bows, be sure to check out Allie Foo Foos Tutus and Bows on Facebook.

 

We also decided to take a little family vacation last week. As you may know, ever since I was diagnosed I have said that I want to take my kids to Disneyworld. Being diagnosed with cancer is a major slap in the face. It makes you wake up and realize that your life may be cut short. My husband and I talked and talked and dreamed and dreamed about taking the kids, but, darn Disneyworld is EXPENSIVE!! However, because of my persistance and constant website checking I was able to find an AWESOME deal! So we booked it. And guess what, I don’t regret going one little bit! It was worth every penny. Every blister. Every sunburn. Everything. It was amazing! Every day since being home we have said how much we wish we were back there! That is how amazing it was for us!

My son LOVED the Buzz Lightyear ride. He constantly asked to ride it over and over again. And my daughter, well, let’s just say that that girl has never meet a Princess that she didn’t like:)

 DisneyWorld Baby!! 063

At the Princess Breakfast at Epcot

DisneyWorld Baby!! 005_edited-1

E attempting to ride Bullseye! Goofy girl!

 

 DisneyWorld Baby!! 035_edited-1

Cinderella’s Castle *sigh*

 DisneyWorld Baby!! 092

My little Princess!

 

DisneyWorld Baby!! 124

Watching It’s A Bug’s Life in 3D

 

**As you may have noticed, I am trying to protect my kids by not placing pics of their faces on here. If you are a friend on FB then you have already seen our Disneyworld pics. If you would like to become my friend on FB, (which I update more regularly than my blog:( leave me a message with your name and I will look you up and add you:)

You can’t tell by these photos really, but a WONDERFUL, FABULOUS time was had by all! It was so nice to take a family vacation and not have to worry about Dr appts and entertaining kids in Drs offices. Pure bliss I tell ya!

 

Let’s see, we are also gearing up for a certain big boys 5th Birthday! That’s right. My baby boy will turn FIVE on Saturday. I am really having a rough time with this. Five just seems so old! But, he is ready, he is soooo ready for his birthday. In fact, that crazy kid has been talking about his birthday for months! He has been going through the Toys R Us toy catalog and been cutting out pics for the last few weeks. He is going to be a bit disappointed when he doesn’t get every little thing he has picked out! But, dang, that kid has some expensive taste:)

 

Ok, so now you know why the blog has slacked. How was that for a major hodge podge of updates!

4 comments:

  1. You know what's so fabulous about those tutu bags? I've never seen them before! I think you're going to make a killing on them! I'm so glad you took that vacation and had such a great time. Your kids will remember it forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I have been following your situation for awhile.
    I first started when I saw your title. I think it was "a boy, a girl and a pug"???? I can't remember for sure. Well...my mother died of cancer when I was 2 and my brother was 3. I am 54 now so it was a long time ago so your story definitely has affected me personally. I continue to be amazed at your strength and your will to fight. I check for updates every day so would like to be added to your facebook friend. I was going to do it when you switched a while back but didn't want to intrude. I would like to get more frequent updates though.
    My facebook page is Dianne Hayes and you will see a pic of my 1 year old granddaughter who name is Ella. Please keep fighting and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo girl you have been super busy! Glad things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just knew you would all have a great time and pictures are part of that proof! We continue to pray for you and Know that as you are traveling this journey of life, you are making a true difference in all the people you come in contact with! You are amazing, and I just wanted to remind YOU of that! Be Blessed and keep up the sewing projects! They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete