Friday, July 30, 2010

Vandy Visit

I leave on Sunday evening for my appts at Vanderbilt. I have labs, EKG, CT scan, and an appt with my oncologist. Before most CTs I am a nervous wreck, but I am feeling quite at peace with this one. My husband is too, so that is a good sign.

Why, you ask? Well, my husband is a very wise, intiative man. Back in February, I had every intention of going to my appt at MD Anderson by myself, however about a week before I left, my husband insisted on going with me. Odd, but I didn't argue. I was so grateful that he was there. We received the news that my cancer was back. I needed someone strong and he was. Not once did he shed a tear (in front of me).n I bawled the whole way home. A 12 hour drive, I might add! And finally, he convinced me to take a sleeping pill so that I could sleep instead of cry! He's a great man, I tell ya!!

So, anyway, my point being....I think this CT scan will be fine. I think the meds are still working. I am a little nervous about how they will distingish the lipomas from cancer on the scans, but that's why they get paid the big bucks, right? :)

7 comments:

  1. As always, our prayers are with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of you a lot. Praying for you and good test results this visit. (I still haven't heard from my derm...hoping that is good news.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heya Heather, I don't comment as much as I should, but I always keep up on your posts and you and your family are always in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Heather....
    Wishing you clear scans...I understand the difficult Melanoma journey. Stage 4 since 2006...NED since 2008. I hate melanoma too.
    God bless....
    Debbie
    www.caringbridge.org/visit/debbiehennessy

    ReplyDelete