Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It Came and Went

This year July 8th came and went. Honestly, I didn't even realize that it was July 8th until that evening. Hey, it's summer. All the days run together for me!

The minute I realized it was July 8th I got butterflies in my stomach. Two years ago, on July 8th, was when my Dermatologist told me that I had melanoma and it didn't look good. I relive that day constantly. I am always thinking about that day and how it could have been different. But, it can't be different. It is what it is.

I won't lie, cancer sucks! Majorly! But, I have a wonderful support system and I have a great outlook on life. There is absolutely no reason that I would ever consider giving up. It's really not even an option. Sometimes this fight gets old, but the alternative really isn't all that appealing to me! I truly feel like I am one of the lucky ones. Many people with Stage IV Melanoma don't make it this long. And look at me! Here I am. Two years later, spreading awareness about the dangers of tanning and the sun, taking care of two beautiful children, and kicking cancer's ass! I'm pretty much a rock star:)

7 comments:

  1. You are DEFINITELY a rock star!!! Keep it up, girlie!! We are behind you all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you are!!!!!1 love my rock star friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a total rock star friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thinking about you. Happy to hear that you're doing so well. Hope the paparazzi has been good to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Heather, I would consider you a "True Rock Star"!!! Continuing to Pray and Expecting our AWESOME LORD to Act on Your Behalf! So glad I can stay intouch thru the Internet! Have a BLESSED DAY!!! t

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you? I continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete