Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back It Up A Bit

When I was pregnant with my daughtjer, which would have been the summer of 2007, my husband and I were on a walk with the little man when he noticed a spot on the back of my calf. At first he thought it was a bug or some dirt and tried to wipe it off.

When I realized what he was doing, I remember telling him, oh yeah, it's just some spot that showed up one day. It doesn't hurt, but I'm not sure what it is. I didn't worry about it the rest of the summer. He wanted me to see a dermatologist.

I didn't. I was busy.

E was born in January 2008, and I remember showing it to my obgyn at my 6 week post baby appt. She wasn't sure what it was but recommended a dermatologist for me to see.

I didn't. I was busy.

At Easter in 2008, my mom noticed the spot on the back of my leg. My mother is a nurse. She recommended that I see a dermatologist right away.

I didn't. I was busy.

On July 8, 2008, the day my baby girl turned 6 months, I finally went to the dermatologist. A full year after my husband noticed the spot. A full year since he encouraged me to see the Dr. A full year for the cancer to make itself at home in my body. A full half year since I had my Princess.

The odd thing is, I'm really not a procrastionator. Not sure what made me wait for this appt. What an awful time to become a procrastionator.

2 comments:

  1. We all have these kinds of moments...you did not think it was anything to be concerned about. A new baby and a toddler to look after...your priorities were on your babies. Now you are on the right track and that is all that matters! Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I probably would have procrastinated too. I started having gall bladder attacks (they were painful too) while I was pregnant with Izzy, but I didn't have my gall bladder removed until he was 6 months old. Why? No reason whatsoever. I just kept hoping the pain would go away. It didn't.

    ReplyDelete