Thursday, June 24, 2010

Vanderbilt appt

Some things have changed since I last posted. My appts at Vanderbilt have been changed to next Thursday. Apparently that was the soonest they could get me in. Whatever. Like I've said before, they don't work with out of state patients very well. So, mom and I will leave next Wednesday and return next Friday.

I talked to the nurse at Vandy today and she has been talking to several other nurses in the Melanoma dept. Apparently, these is a possibility that these nodules may not be melanoma. Apparently, there are several patients that have been on RO5 who have developed nodules similiar to mine and they turned out not to be cancer, but some sort of side effect from the chemo. In that case I would go to the dermatologist to get the issue figured out. We already know, that if there is a side effect to be had, I will have it!

It's a sliver of hope, but at this point, I will take it! So, keep praying people!

4 comments:

  1. That is great news! I truly believe that that is all this is!! Definitely sending prayers your way, as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is definitely great news...lots of prayers coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo fingers crossed and lots of prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree that these places will just be side effects from the treatment! Continuing to lift you in PRAYER and also will be PRAYING for safe travels for you and your mom next week! We will be out of town from July 2nd to July 11th and will not have computer access. Will be looking forward to catching up with you when we return. Our PRAYERS will continue even though we can't stay intouch on the computer. EXPECTING our LORD TO ACT ON YOUR BEHALF!

    ReplyDelete