Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Trip From H-E-double hockey sticks

Saturday May 1- We left the house at 9am with the kids in tow. The kids did wonderful on the long car ride to TN. We stopped several times to eat and let the kids run. But, seriously, they were an absolute dream. About 7pm they were done in the car so we stopped at a little town in IL and got a hotel room. At this point it was raining pretty hard, but we didn't think about it.

Sunday May 2-We got up, ate some breakfast and headed into Nashville. It was still raining. We got into Nashville around 2:30pm and we straight to our condo. Water was EVERYWHERE. The parking lot to the mall near our hotel was under water. The trailers in the parking lot were 3/4 covered with water. But our resort was about a mile from there so we figured we would be ok. We arrived at the resort and checked in. We were on the 3rd floor.

Cody unloaded EVERYTHING from the car so we could get it a little more organized. By this time it is just pouring outside. Around 5pm I made us some dinner and then we left to take me to the hospital to begin the next portion of the trial.

We had to take a very scenic route to the hospital but we made it there a little bit before 6. I was checked into a room and the kids and daddy hung out for a bit. Right before 7 they left to head back to the condo.

Around 8 the nurse came in to get my vitals. I should tell you that for about the last week the RO5 has been giving me some major side effects. On Saturday I noticed a rash that has since spread to cover me from shoulders to ankles. I have also been getting the rigors. I'll be super cold and shake for several hours and then I sweat for about an hour and then I'm ok. About 10 hours later I'll do it all over again. Not fun. I have also been spiking fevers of around 100.

So, when she came in to take my temp I was freezing and shaking. She took my temp and it was 102.6. I told her not to worry about it and she left. At this time my husband called and said that they couldn't get to our condo. The road was blocked and the condo was under water. All of their belongings were in the condo. Luckily, our stuff was not under water but the 1st and 2nd floors were.

Soon, another nurse came in and said they were taking me to the ER. I got to the ER and was taken back immediately. Vitals were taken and I waited and waited. Eventually, around 1am it was decided that I would be admitted to the observation unit and hopefully dismissed the next day...

(to be continued!)

4 comments:

  1. Crap! When it rains, it pours (in this case, LITERALLY).

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow. what an adventure. I can't believe the first AND second floors got flooded. Thank God you were higher up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo my! What a trip! I hope you guys make it back okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! I just started reading your blog today but I'm getting buckets for you.

    ReplyDelete