Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Nashville Tennessee Flood 2010


There hasn't been much coverage on the Nashville flood. Many people have no idea what it is like. To be there before, during, and after all of it happened, I can say, first hand, that I am heart broken.

Nashville is a beautiful a city. So many landmarks. So much history. And a lot of it is ruined. Most, fortunately, can be fixed. But it will take years and billions of dollars. The video above shows you a bit of the damage. You probably won't cry when you watch it, but I did. I know all those places. I have BEEN to all those places. Yes, we lost some stuff, but we are hopeful that it will be returned (soon, please!). But, what we los is nothing compared to what others have lost. We still have a nice, dry home to return to. Some people do not. Please pray for the city of Nashville. And for the people of Nashville. The city and the people are forever changed because of the disaster.

My husband took these pics from his phone while I was in the hospital. In the first picture, look towards the very back and that is our condo. At that time the water was to the first level.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I knew it was bad, but didn't realize the severity of it all. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this. I had no idea either how much damage has occurred. The video is very right, the main stream media is not covering or carrying this message the way they should be! Know that we continue to pray for you and your journey to Healing! Love YOU all, terry

    ReplyDelete