Monday, April 12, 2010

Today is the day...

Today we leave for Vanderbilt. We have a very late flight out of KC. I wanted to be able to spend as much time with the kids as I possibly could.

I went back and looked and last year I started biochemotherapy on April 13th. This year I will start chemotherapy on April 14th. Stupid how that works out isn't it!

On Tuesday I will have labs and scans.

On Wednesday morning I will be admitted to the hospital. I will be started on one of the cocktail dugs.

On Friday afternoon I will check out of the hospital and head to a hotel (hopefully a free one!)

Friday-Tuesday we will return to the cancer center lab to have blood drawn. I have to have it done every 24 hours.

Tuesday I will be started on the RO5. I will take 4 pills in the morning and 4 pills in the evening in the comfort of my own home.

On Wednesday early afternoon we will fly home.

Ugh! What a schedule huh!

I have some mixed feelings about all of this. I am very anxious to get this started. I am ready for it to start killing the cancer. However, I am not at all anxious about leaving my kids are that many days. But, I don't really have any other options. This is the best thing for all of us. I am curious to see how this trial will work and how the schedule will work, and how I will feel. I am hoping that maybe, just maybe, the next time we head down to TN that we can bring the kids. I don't think the first time is the best time to do that.

Keep praying that this will work. We still have lots of options. But the longer we wait, the more it spreads. Which, of course, is not good. Think of us this week as we are beginning yet another battle with this cancer.

7 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Heather! Best of luck! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always thinking of you girl! At least your kiddos are in good hands and you can concentrate on the first round of cancer eating drugs!
    Prayers sent your way...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always praying for you Heather. Stay strong and beat this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TEAM HEATHER (and Cody!) Love u!!

    ReplyDelete