Monday, April 26, 2010

Side Effect

Another pretty common side effect with the RO5 drug is joint pain. Unfortunately, that lovely side effect started last night. The joint in my left elbow is killing me! Getting dressed, doing my hair, and holding my little Princess has proven quite difficult today. I've taken some Tylenol and that has helped. I'm not sure what to do to help or, better yet, fix this little problem. Any suggestions?

Don't get me wrong, this most definitely isn't as bad as the biochemotherapy. If you saw me during that time then you know how bad it was! This is doable. I will survive. But, it's certainly not all that enjoyable!

3 comments:

  1. Soak in the tub whenever possible is my recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get a baltic amber necklace, braclet, back relief strand, anklet, or all 4. We use amber teething necklaces for Fiona, I can't tell if it helps her b/c I have decided she is never going to get her eye teeth, but when I had a respiratory infection I put two of hers together and wore them-it really helped! It works best near the pain, so if it's your wrists then get braclets, etc.
    Here is where we got ours: http://hyenacart.com/inspiredbyfinn/index.php?c=28
    The website has a lot of good info but the lighter clouder colored ones are supposed to have the most oil in them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just getting caught up and SO glad to hear the tumors are shrinking! Hang in there with the side effects. Sending prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete