Friday, April 2, 2010

No No's For Mama...

Below is a list of food and drinks that I will not be allowed to have from April 5th- middle of May. Can someone please tell me what the hell I am supposed to eat!!

Some will not be a problem.

Some I don't even know what the hell they are!

Some will be very, very difficult! (Like the caffeine! How can a mom survive without caffeine!!)

*Alcoholic Beverages
*Teas containing caffeine
*Caffeinated beverages
*Grapefruits or grapefruit juice
*Chocolate
*Kohlrabi
*Apples or Apple juice
*Brussel sprouts
*Cranberries or cranberry juice
*Mustard
*Energy drinks
*Seville oranges or Seville OJ
*Cauliflower
*Marmalade made from cranberries, grapefruit, apples or Seville oranges
*Cabbage
*Chinese cabbage
*Tobacco products
*Kale
*Horseradish
*Canola oil
*Broccoli
*Charbroiled Foods
*Watercress


*Corn or corn products
*Grapes, seedless
*Chocolate
*Rice
*Chicken
*Soybean or soybean oil
*Nutrasweet

If anyone has any yummy recipes that do not involve any of the above ingredients, please share! I am having a very difficult time finding recipes that work. Some of the items that you have to add to the recipes contain things like soybean oil or corn syrup. Ugh!
 
I will admit though, with the combination of the diet, Vitamin C IV, and vitamins I am taking at home, I have never felt better. Other than today (which I am contributing to the fact that I only had 5-6 hours of sleep) I have had lots of energy, I have been able to play and actually keep up with Ella!, and have been in a good mood. I love it!
 
Overall, the appointment at Bright Spot has been worth it. You can't put a price on feeling good and having energy!
 
I am really struggling with the meals though. We end up having two separate meals. Daddy and the kids eat one meal and I have to eat another. Blah! We enjoy eating as a family and even though we still eat together, it's just a little odd when they are eating one thing and I am eating another.
 
So, any tasty recipes would be so greatly appreciated. You can email me at cancersucksmonkeyballs@yahoo.com

4 comments:

  1. oo yikes thats quite a of foods you have to avoid! A few things that come to my mind are:
    -chili
    -tacos with tortillas (not sure whats in tortillas)
    -turkey casserole w/ stuffing topper
    -spaghetti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do a family pizza making night. You can add what you are "allowed" to eat and the kids (I am including Cody in that category!!!) can make their own using what they like best. Might not all be exactly the same, but at least you are all eating similar dishes. We love pizza making and actually we use pita bread as our crust and it is very yummy!! I'll be on the cancer diet search for you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I high recommend beans. Make black bean chili, or veggie gumbo, or bean/cheese burritos. We eat beans almost every day (they are a great source of protein and are very low in fat). I have lots of recipes. Email me and let me know what type of meals you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO. Your email address is priceless. I knew you were contemplating that as the catch phrase, but seriously, it's hilarious! Good luck on the recipe search...! If I come across something, I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete