Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Started...

Yesterday I started the diet for the trial. I truly thought the Diet Pepsi would be the hardest, but stopping all the supplements is proving to be the most difficult. I didn't realize how much better and more energized the supplements made me feel. I suppose it could be the Diet Pepsi, but I am doubting it!

Within the past few weeks I have really had to think about what goes in my mouth. I have never had to do that before. I have never dieted. I have never needed to. And this is a diet. Not to necessarily lose weight (which I have, BTW) but improve my well being. Improve my chances of fighting off this cancer. And I truly believe that the new diet, the supplements, and the Vitamin C IV have made a world of difference. Maybe not in fighting off the cancer, but in the very least, in my quality of life. I have (ok before yesterday, that is!) never felt better. I had ENERGY! It was awesome. I hadn't felt that great since before I was diagnosed. You all have no idea how great it was to just feel "normal."

Yes, the Bright Spot Center was expensive. Yes, some of it was kind of silly. But, was it worth it? Absolutely. You can't put a price on energy and your quality of life. No price. Spending time with my kids, and having the energy to play and take them places has been worth every single penny!

However, now I can't be on ANY of that. I knew the supplements were making a difference, I just didn't realize how much! Boo!!

On Tuesday, I had an appt with my Dr at the Center. We went over my lab tests. The ONLY vitamin that I was "satisfactory" in was Folic Acid. Odd, right? I had (next to) no Vitamin C or Vitamin D and everything else was pretty low. Since I can't take any supplements right now, he gave me a list of some foods that to eat that will increase my Vitamin intake. Some I can eat, some I can't. But it gives me a good starting point.

Right now I know the cancer is spreading. I have found several more masses and the lymph node in my groin is HUGE! At this point there is nothing I can do about it. Nothing, but pray. So if you all would mind praying a little harder this week that would be fabulous! I have also had an awful cough lately. I am praying, praying, praying that it is just sinus drainage. I have awful allergies and since I can't take anything I just have to blow my nose alot!

On Monday we leave for Vanderbilt. I am so grateful that my children have two sets of wonderful grandparents. They love them, they love us, and they would do anything to help us out. Huge thank yous to all of you! We love you very much.

11 comments:

  1. Always praying for you sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather...lots of prayers and GREAT thoughts coming your way! I am always amazed how much strength and determination you have. Keep smiling!

    Oh..after you said you were doing vitmain c from the place you visited...I started adding some more into my morning of vitamins...man that stuff really works! Amazing. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying for you Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still praying for you each day Heather! Best of luck! Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather, I am praying for you and your family, and have asked others to do so also. Remember that God is with you through all of this. Keep your focus on HIM. Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying extra hard! I hope your trip goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Please know how much you are in so many friends thoughts and prayers. Now..more than ever...we will all continue our prayers for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, in my prayers!!! Try the Neti Pot for the sinus relief. I am pretty sure it is safef because even pregnant ladies can do it.It it just saline and water, basically. Email me if you want more info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heather - started following your (old) blog when I found you through my friend The Blissfully Happy Housewife. I'm praying for you! Angel

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are all Team Heather!! Praying for you, friend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete