Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I AM IN!!

In case you haven't heard (via facebook) I "officially" qualified for the trial. Up until this morning we weren't quite sure. It all depended on how my labs looked. Apparently, they looked ok because I am currently sitting in the hospital.

Tomorrow morning I will receive my combination of cocktail drugs and will have LOTS of blood drawn throughout the day. And I truly mean lots!

They will do blood draws (after I am given the 5 cocktail drugs) at 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 45 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, up to 24 hours. I will then be released to head to the hotel.

I will have to return to the hospital every 24 hours to have blood draws performed.

On Day 7 (next Tuesday) I will have a blood draw, meet with the Dr and start the actual RO5 drug. I can continue on the RO5 indefiniately. As long as it is working, I can be on it. According to the reports, if it is working on me, I should notice the tumors shrinking within 1-2 weeks.

According to the tech that read my CT scan, the only tumor that I have is the one in my groin. It is currently measuring 2.1 cm by 2.8 cm. However, we know for a fact that I also have a tumor in my left hip. It is my original tumor. That was not in the report. Not quite sure what is going on there. The Dr is going to be looking at the actual CT scan and I should know more next week when we meet with him. Just a little annoyed that I pay LOTS of money to have a CT scan done and it's not even accurate! This also happened back home. At this point, the only place I truly trust to have a scan done is MD Anderson. They have the best of everything!

Here's a double bonus...we get to head home Tuesday evening instead of Wednesday! Woo hoo! I miss my babies so, so much. They are being so good for grandma and grandpa. I am so proud of them. I am a lucky mama.

Thank you all for your prayers. They have paid off!

7 comments:

  1. I've been thinking and praying for you and waiting for your updates on facebook. So glad that you are able to be in this trial and I have high hopes for you with this drug. Hopefully, you'll feel okay on it if you have to be on it indefinitely. Sometime soon, I want to have all of you over for a playdate. Until then. . .know that you are continually in my prayers. We'll miss you on Saturday! Next year, you'll be cancer free and will be able to walk with us, I just know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great news! Our prayers will continue for your good health!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So great to hear! Have been thinking of you often...good thoughts coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We serve an amazing LORD and I know He is guiding and directing your journey as you and all of your family are traveling on this road to healing! Know I am continuing to lift you each and everyday! Love you all! terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Heather - Just read your blog and am happy that things are falling into place! Good luck with the rest of the treatment/blood draws!! Hang in there!!
    Take care,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete