Sunday, April 25, 2010

A Disappearing Act

The tumor in my lymph node continues to get smaller and smaller. I can't feel the tumor in my hip, so I'm not sure what is going on with it, but I am assuming it is doing the same thing as the other tumor and disappearing also!

My guess is, that my the time I return to Vanderbilt for my next CT scan, which will be the beginning of June, that both tumors will almost be completely gone. How awesome is that!

I will stay on the RO5 until it quits working. Most people get a year. I'll take it! By that time other drugs could be out there that I can try. Right now MD Anderson is running a trial to see if patients who have been on one B-raf inhibitor can have success when placed on another. Obviously, I respond quite well to B-raf inhibitors so I am hopeful that they will have some success with that.

In order to get rid of my headache I decided to give a Neti Pot a try. It made a HUGE difference! My headache finally went away. Yay! This means that so far I have only had a few side effects! That's a welcome change!

Side effects:
The other night I had a rash on my chest. But, by the time I woke up it was gone. (could have been from the kiwi!)

And, don't laugh, but my hair hurts. Yes, my hair. It isn't an unfamiliar feeling. In fact, it felt like this all during biochemotherapy. However, during that I lost a lot of hair. So far, I haven't lost any hair. (knock on wood!) I just wish this odd feeling would go away! But, for the record, I'm not complaining. I am grateful I have hair and that I feel so good.

So, no complaints here. Life is good and I am grateful:)

7 comments:

  1. God is good, Heather, and he is looking after you. I will keep praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so wonderful to hear that you are responding to this med. Praying that those tumors continue to shrink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!! So so so HAPPY for you! And I recently tried the Neti Pot as well and LOVED it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo wonderful news!!!!! ahhh so excited! I will keep praying for sure! I have been scared to try a neti pot.. but I hear such wonderful things about it I might have to give it a shot sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just read your update that the trial drugs are working!!! YEA!!! I am so happy for you and pray that the success continues!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear you are feeling good (Kiwis aside!). It's exciting that the new meds are working! That's the best news we have had in a long, long time!!!

    Love you,
    Jill

    ReplyDelete