Sunday, March 21, 2010

Easing my Fears

For the last few days I have been dizzy, lightheaded, and nauseaus. I'm not quite sure why. But, of course, when I feel off I start researching. Which is never good. The more I read, the more I cried. And cried.

Finally, this morning I woke up and was getting ready for church and I just couldn't focus. I called my mom and bawled. Apparently, she couldn't really understand me so she asked to talk to my husband. Her directions were to head to the ER. So, I called a friend to watch the kids and off we went. (Thank you soooo much C & M, don't know what we would have done without you!)

At the ER, they got me in right away. After explaining my fears and concerns they set up a CT scan of my brain. I had the results in minutes.

It was CLEAR! Oh thank the Lord! I cried again hearing the news.

However, it doesn't explain my dizziness. So, for now we are chalking the dizziness up to the antiboitic I am on for my swollen lymph node. (Which makes sense, all of the symptoms I have are side effects of the antibiotic.) I will be on the antibiotic for 7 more days. Hopefully I can make it through! I debated stopping it, but if I stop it now I will always wonder if the lymph node is an infection or cancer. At least this way I will know for sure.

Keep praying!

4 comments:

  1. How scary!!! Praise God for good results today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been thinking of you lots...you are such a strong woman and keep smilin'!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo how scary! I am so glad the results were clear!! I am praying!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry friend. How stressful. You know, I took antibiotics in February and I remember feeling dizzy for the first 4 or 5 days.

    ReplyDelete