Tuesday, August 25, 2009

My Thoughts

Lately I have had a lot of time to think.




Don't get me wrong, the kids and I have been busy little bees, but seriously, how much brain power does it take to play cars or babies?



I have been thinking a lot about what is important and what I want to do with my life.



Obviously, first and foremost is my children. I have probably been going over board with them. I have been feeling pretty good so I want to take them places, and do things with them, and buy them things. Believe me though, all this activity during the day is kicking my ass at night. But I don't care. My kids are happy so I am happy.



We are leaving in Sept to head back down to Houston. As much as I want to bring the kids, we have decided not to. I have a lot of scans scheduled and I will need Cody there with me. Plus, 10 hours in a car is a long ride for two little ones. Hopefully, one of the times that we go back down for a check up the kids can join us. Luckily, we will only be there for 3 days. If I can last a week without them, 3 days should be nothing.



I have also decided to start working towards my Master's Degree in Teaching. I started this last summer and then found out I had cancer so that was obviously put on hold. I am hoping to start back up with school in January.



Overall, I have realized that I am blessed. Yes, I have cancer. Yes, I will always worry about it returning. But, my kids are awesome and they are definitely a reason to fight my ass off. So cancer, if you are listening, I am always, always, always, going to kick your ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment