Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Good and The Bad

I have news.




We met with the Dr today and reviewed my PET scan and MRI results. According to the PET I am down to 2 tumors and they are shrinking at a rapid rate.



Two rounds ago the large tumor measured 1.7cm, now it is measuring 1.2cm. That is over 25% shrinkage. The Dr was thrilled with that progress. Apparently, that much shrinkage between the 3rd and 4th rounds is not common.



In fact, he was so enthused with this news that he decided to add two more rounds to the end. I am not happy about this at all. I was so excited about being done next month. This will extend my chemo into October. I am so sad. I had already planned a family vacation in September and zoo classes for the kids and family pictures. It's been a rough day. A day of ups and downs. I am sick of Houston. I am sick of leaving my kids. I am sick of feeling like shit. I just want to feel normal again. I just want to be able to take care of my munchkins again. I just want to be cancer free again!

No comments:

Post a Comment