Monday, August 11, 2008

The First Day

Today is it.




The big day.



The first day of my Immunotherapy treatment.



I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I am. Very scared.



I am scared of what this treatment is going to do to me.



How will my body react?



Will I be able to function? Will I be able to take care of my kids? Will I be able to take care of myself?



I am also sad. Sad that today is the last day that I can breastfeed my precious little princess. No, I haven't really been weaning. I don't want to stop. I enjoy nursing her. She enjoys it also. It's not fair. None of this is fair.



I'm not sure what I have cried more over. Quitting breastfeeding or beginning treatments.



Maybe I have shed tears over both evenly.



Please think of and pray for me today as I begin this stupid journey to kick cancer's ass. I know that I will win. I have no doubts about that. I am just scared to go through hell and back to beat it.



I am so lucky to have my family and friends with me as I begin this. Thank you all for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment